wer r da lulz??

Friday, April 2, 2010

First day of driver's ed.

It was really scary. D:

Who knew that cars would have a delay reaction of 0.4 seconds? ._. As a result of being blunt to this, either the car was a heat missile when I pressed the gas pedal, or it experienced its first wave of sugar wearing off when I pressed the brake. I finally got a hold of this wild thing, and so turning wasn't as rocky as it was in the first 10 minutes. So yeah a tip for the future: press lightly and gradually on the pedals!

Turning took a while to get used to because it was absolutely not the same as turning while you're walking. I had to do extravagantly excessive motions of wrenching the wheel in the right direction 180 to 270 degrees, then whip it back to normal because I keep forgetting to let it rotate itself after I've entered the curve. So yeah, I almost crashed into the curb and an oncoming car D: Tip for the future? Keep the excessive, but remember to let the wheel rotate, and also slow down to 20km/h when turning.

It was like the world decided to hate me today. There were so many people out: bikers, tiny toddler bikers, strollers, families (in duck formation), and the worst: guys playing street hockey in the middle of the street! The last one really freaked me out because it was like, "How do I maneuver around that?" but I eventually did it anyway with the help of the instructor. I know it's Good Friday, but c'mon guys, I'm trying to sustain my clean driver's record.

So yeah all in all, today was pretty scary. In summary, I almost crashed into a car, and turning left was horrifying, to say the least. Luckily I was only driving in the neighbourhood, so it wasn't like the Glendon intersection where a one-way splits into two, and a two merges into a one. I had to drive around the school area, so yeahhhh a whole ton of children.

My mom wanted to book Monday for driving as well. ):

But that isn't the worst thing.

I have to drive at 10:30 in the morning tomorrow! I hope I'll be awake and alert enough. D:

No comments:

Post a Comment